While COVID-19 has thrown a 'spanner in the works' for events for 2020, things are slowly returning to a 'new normal' around the local area.
- SunSmart Albany Kite Fiesta - Sunday 23rd August 2020 - Head to Albany Anzac Peace Park for this free family event that includes kite making and kite flying. See the Facebook event here.
- La traviata - Friday 25th September 2020 - Albany Entertainment Centre - a concert performance of the world’s most popular opera; Verdi’s La traviata. Visit the Facebook event page here.
- Banff Mountain Film Festival - Thursday, 29 October 2020 - Albany Entertainment Centre. A collection of films from around the globe that capture the spirit of mountain adventure. The original and the best Mountain Film Fest! See the Facebook event page here for updates.
Here's what we hope to see return in 2021:
- Sol Sessions at Emu Point Café - Our favourite café, nearby Emu Point Café, is hosting live music sessions every Thursday throughout January! This is a free event for all ages with amazing food available for purchase. BYO picnic rug and friends. See what's happening on their Facebook page here.
- Middleton Beach Festival - end of January. Join this week-long festival with an abundance of events to keep the whole family entertained, including Australia Day celebrations. Other fun things include farmers markets, live music, face painting, competitions, scavenger hunt and so much more! More information from 2020 here.
- Ocean Film Festival World Tour - late February - Enjoy a collection of short films celebrating the world's oceans, above and below water. This 3 hour mesmerising show documents the beauty and power of oceans, as well as the mystery of the big blue. Find out more about 2020's event here.
- Racewars - late February - Australia's largest Runway Racing event for a weekend of adrenaline! Tickets start at $25. Find out more here.
- Sustainable Community Festival - March - Enjoy a day full of exhibitions, food, market stalls, presentations and entertainment at this amazing community based event. More information still to be announced. Stay tuned here.
- South West Street Festival - late March - Be entertained by magicians, comedians, circus acts and international street performers. There will of course also be amazing food on offer, as well as market stalls, exhibitions and presentations. See more here.
- Mother's Day Classic - every May - An annual run/walk event raising funds and awareness for breast cancer. Everyone is welcome and you can find more information here.
- Mt Clarence Hill Climb - late May - This free event is a taste of what you can expect at Albany Classic "Around the Houses" the following day. Secure your accommodation with us now!
- Albany Classic "Around the Houses" - late May - Following the Mt Clarence Hill Climb, this re-enactment of the original "Around the Houses" event will see over 150 vintage and classic cars competing in a race around the Albany CBD. This is in conjunction with a fun family festival featuring market stalls, food, kids activities and live entertainment. Get your tickets ASAP and remember to book your accommodation with us well in time.
Want more? Check out the Events tab over on our Facebook page for nearby happenings, or the Albany Entertainment Centre's Facebook page for upcoming comedy shows, musicals, concerts, theatre, dance and everything in between!