While COVID-19 has thrown a 'spanner in the works' for events for 2020, things are slowly returning to a 'new normal' around the local area.
Upcoming Local Events
- Friday 4th December 2020 - Christmas Festival and Pageant - The ever popular Christmas Festival will return on Friday 4 and Saturday 5 December with Twilight Markets. More information on the City of Albany website here.
- Thursday 31st December 2020 - New Years Eve Picnic and Fireworks - New Year’s Eve celebrations will kick off at the Anzac Peace Park at 5pm with a line-up of local live music and fireworks taking place at the family friendly time of 9pm only. Get more information and updates on the City of Albany event page here.
- There's always something interesting on at the Albany Entertainment Centre. Please visit their Facebook event page here.
Regular Albany Events (please note that COVID restrictions may change some of the following events)
Albany Farmers Market
- Every Saturday a car park in the heart of Albany Western Australia is miraculously transformed into a busy, thriving market place - local producers bring their fresh, seasonal products and sell direct to locals and tourists. See more here.
- The Albany Boatshed Markets are on EVERY SUNDAY (rain, hail or shine) from 10am – 1pm at the Boatshed on Princess Royal Drive, Albany. Featuring local growers and producers of fresh and gourmet foods, and Great Southern wines. In addition to the wonderful seasonal produce grown here in the Great Southern, talented local artisans showcase their beautiful and distinctive products. See more here.
Stirling Terrace Indoor Markets
- These indoor markets are open every Saturday, Sunday and on public holidays from 9am-3pm. The markets feature both permanent and pop-up stalls with products ranging from delicious food to plants, furniture, clothing and more. See their Facebook page for further updates and information.
Cars & Coffee
- 1st Sunday of every month, down by the Marina. Bring your car to show and have a coffee. Free entry to all. Come when you can, leave when you have to. Visit their Facebook page for further information.
Film Harvest Cinema
- Film Harvest presents the pick of the crop of alternative and arthouse films every Wednesday at 6.15pm at Orana Cinema. Click here and select Great Southern for more information.
Here's what we hope to see return in 2021:
- Sol Sessions at Emu Point Café - Our favourite café, nearby Emu Point Café, is hosting live music sessions every Thursday throughout January! This is a free event for all ages with amazing food available for purchase. BYO picnic rug and friends. See what's happening on their Facebook page here.
- Middleton Beach Festival - end of January. Join this week-long festival with an abundance of events to keep the whole family entertained, including Australia Day celebrations. Other fun things include farmers markets, live music, face painting, competitions, scavenger hunt and so much more! More information from 2020 here.
- Ocean Film Festival World Tour - late February - Enjoy a collection of short films celebrating the world's oceans, above and below water. This 3 hour mesmerising show documents the beauty and power of oceans, as well as the mystery of the big blue. Find out more about 2020's event here.
- Racewars - late February - Australia's largest Runway Racing event for a weekend of adrenaline! Tickets start at $25. Find out more here.
- Sustainable Community Festival - March - Enjoy a day full of exhibitions, food, market stalls, presentations and entertainment at this amazing community based event. More information still to be announced. Stay tuned here.
- South West Street Festival - late March - Be entertained by magicians, comedians, circus acts and international street performers. There will of course also be amazing food on offer, as well as market stalls, exhibitions and presentations. See more here.
- Mother's Day Classic - every May - An annual run/walk event raising funds and awareness for breast cancer. Everyone is welcome and you can find more information here.
- Mt Clarence Hill Climb - late May - This free event is a taste of what you can expect at Albany Classic "Around the Houses" the following day. Secure your accommodation with us now!
- Albany Classic "Around the Houses" - late May - Following the Mt Clarence Hill Climb, this re-enactment of the original "Around the Houses" event will see over 150 vintage and classic cars competing in a race around the Albany CBD. This is in conjunction with a fun family festival featuring market stalls, food, kids activities and live entertainment. Get your tickets ASAP and remember to book your accommodation with us well in time.
Want more? Check out the Events tab over on our Facebook page for nearby happenings, or the Albany Entertainment Centre's Facebook page for upcoming comedy shows, musicals, concerts, theatre, dance and everything in between!