While COVID-19 has thrown a 'spanner in the works' for events for 2020, things are slowly returning to a 'new normal' around the local area.
Upcoming Local Events
- Friday 4th December 2020 - Christmas Festival and Pageant - The ever popular Christmas Festival will return on Friday 4 and Saturday 5 December with Twilight Markets. More information on the City of Albany website here.
- Thursday 31st December 2020 - New Years Eve Picnic and Fireworks - New Year’s Eve celebrations will kick off at the Anzac Peace Park at 5pm with a line-up of local live music and fireworks taking place at the family friendly time of 9pm only. Get more information and updates on the City of Albany event page here.
- There's always something interesting on at the Albany Entertainment Centre. Please visit their Facebook event page here.
Here's what we hope to see return in 2021:
- Middleton Beach Festival - end of January. Join this week-long festival with an abundance of events to keep the whole family entertained, including Australia Day celebrations. Other fun things include farmers markets, live music, face painting, competitions, scavenger hunt and so much more!
- 22 January 2021 - Middleton Beach Twilight Markets on Eyre Park, Middleton Beach. See the Facebook event page.
- 25 January 2021 - Sunset Sets & Outdoor Movie, Eyre Park, Middleton Beach. See the Facebook event page.
- 26 January 2021 - Australia Day at Middleton Beach. See the Facebook event page.
- Racewars - usually late February - Australia's largest Runway Racing event for a weekend of adrenaline! 2020's event details here. *They are possibly taking a break for 2021, but in other exciting news, there are plans for a 2 day Targa Albany Sprint for 2021!
- Sustainable Community Festival - March - Enjoy a day full of exhibitions, food, market stalls, presentations and entertainment at this amazing community based event. More information still to be announced. Stay tuned here.
- South West Street Festival - late March - Be entertained by magicians, comedians, circus acts and international street performers. There will of course also be amazing food on offer, as well as market stalls, exhibitions and presentations. See more here.
- Mother's Day Classic - every May - An annual run/walk event raising funds and awareness for breast cancer. Everyone is welcome and you can find more information here.
- Mt Clarence Hill Climb - late May - This free event is a taste of what you can expect at Albany Classic "Around the Houses" the following day. Secure your accommodation with us now!
- Albany Classic "Around the Houses" - late May - Following the Mt Clarence Hill Climb, this re-enactment of the original "Around the Houses" event will see over 150 vintage and classic cars competing in a race around the Albany CBD. This is in conjunction with a fun family festival featuring market stalls, food, kids activities and live entertainment. Get your tickets ASAP and remember to book your accommodation with us well in time.
Want more? Check out the Events tab over on our Facebook page for nearby happenings, or the Albany Entertainment Centre's Facebook page for upcoming comedy shows, musicals, concerts, theatre, dance and everything in between!