Looking to find the best kept secrets of the locals, such as where's the best coffee or best restaurant?
Psst...come closer.... and we will tell you our favourites!.
Here's "the best of" according to our team at BIG4 Emu Beach Holiday Park:
- Haz Beanz Finestkind Coffee at the Albany Waterfront (next to the Entertainment Centre) (Pic 3)
- Naked Bean Coffee Roasters on the corner of Middleton Road and Campbell Road.
- Hardie Road Café, Spencer Park Shopping Centre.
- Rustlers Steakhouse at Stirling Terrace in the CBD (Pic 4)
- The Venice, York Street in the CBD
- Garrisons, Forts Road next to the Anzac Centre
Best Breakfast Spot
- Emu Point Café, Mermaid Ave – Emu Point (Pic 1)
- Three Anchors Restaurant at Middleton Beach (Pic 2)
- Alkaline Cafe at Peels Place/Aberdeen Street in the CBD (Pic 5)
Best Pub Experience
- Due South, Toll Place next to the Albany Entertainment Centre
- The Earl of Spencer on the corner of Earl Street and Spencer Street near the CBD
- White Star at Stirling Terrace in the CBD
- Six Degrees at Stirling Terrace in the CBD
Best Fish and Chips
- Squid Shack – Emu Point Marina
- Hooked on Middleton – Adelaide Crescent, Middleton Beach (You can dine in, have salad, BYO, fully licenced and gluten free options)
- Albany Fish & Chips – Albany Hwy just outside main CBD area (Your traditional in paper, take home or eat in the car, by the beach etc)
Best Fresh Seafood
- Great Southern Seafood, Barker Road
Best Local Shop
- Bay Merchants Cafe at Middleton Beach
Best Winery Experience
- Great Southern Wine Trail
- Middleton Beach
- Little Beach at Two People's Bay National Park (approximately a 20 minute drive from Albany)
- Mount Melville Lookout (off Serpentine Road from the CBD) offers 360 degree views of Albany
- Mount Clarence Lookout (off Marine Drive from CBD or Middleton Beach) for views of King George Sound and parts of Albany.
Best Nature Experience
- Torndirrup National Park – includes The Gap, Natural Bridge, Blow Holes, Salmon Holes and Albany Wind farm. All off Frenchman Bay Road
- Sail-A-Way Albany Whale Tours at the Albany Marina (Next to the Entertainment Centre)
- ANZAC Heritage Park and National ANZAC Centre
- Albany Museum, Patrick Taylor Cottage, Brig Amity Replica and Old Albany Gaol, Residency Road Albany
- Discovery Bay Whaling Station, Frenchman Bay Road
Enjoy . . .